trying to install Trendy theme with demo content, but there is no Quickstart on download page. There is XML file, but that is not working. When I install theme, all looks fine, and when I add XML file homepage is fully ruined and broken and does not look good at all, not functional even.
Is there a Quickstart file for Trendy theme?
If not how can I get all demo files working on my webiste?
Thank you for your help.
At this point, we are not release the Quickstart package as the previous versions. If you want to install the theme and get all the content as our demo, you can upload the theme.zip package and use the XML file.
After importing XML file, you can install some following plugin:
- Contact Form 7
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- WordPress Importer
- YITH WooCommerce Compare
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
You can find here for the document guide on how to configure the theme:http://www.designwall.com/guide/dw-trendy/
If you have any question, please let us know.
Hope this helps !
Screenshots of demo content failing to import on new WordPress install
![enter image description here](http://violanto.com/screen/trendy/ScreenHunter_01%20Jul.%2027%2017.10.jpg "enter image title here")
![enter image description here](http://violanto.com/screen/trendy/ScreenHunter_01Jul.17.10.jpg "enter image title here")
Home page after adding demo content frm xml
![Home page after adding demo content frm xml](http://violanto.com/screen/trendy/ScreenHunter_02jul17.16.jpg "Home page after adding demo content frm xml")
Can I please ask you for favor? As I really want to set homepage as on your demo, so I can see how to use all different settings – could you just send me file with homepage as xml? Or just copy all HTML from the home page inside demo site and send it to me? Just something simple that I can quickly open and see how is homepage made (type of boxes used, css, etc).
This would be the fastest way for me to get homepage to work. Thank you.
Sorry for the installation inconvenience.
For the first question about product data, you need activate WooCommerce plugin before importing the sample-data.xml file.
For your another question about homepage layout, I have added a Prebuilt layout to DW Trendy 1.1.7. Please follow steps below to setup your homepage look like our demo:
- Step 1: Activate all recommended plugins, update your DW Trendy to 1.1.7
- Step 2: Go to Appearance > Pages > Add new
- Step 3: Click the “Prebuilt layout” button <img src="https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Prebuilt-Layout-Button.png">
- Step 4: Select the “Default Homepage” layout <img src="https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Prebuilt-Layouts-Dialogue.png">
- Step 5: Set this page template with “Full Width”, then publish this page.
- Step 6: Go to Settings > Reading and set the Front Page displays as the page you have created in previous step.
PS: You can find DW Trendy 1.1.7 package in your designwall’s profile
Please login or Register to submit your answer