I’ve been recently trying to change the layout from metro content to content first on DW Argo. If anyone could be willing to help me out changng the home layout in WordPress panel, I would extremely appreciate it.
Hello Andrew !
To change the layout in DW Argo to content first, you can do as the following:
Step1: Please create and publish a new page.
- Go to Admin Panel >> Pages >> Add New to create a new page.
- You can name the title of this page Home.
- On the right hand side, you will see Page Attributes pane and select one of three page templates: Homepage Layout 1, Homepage Layout 2 or Homepage Layout 3. On our demo site, we have selected page template as Home Layout 1.
There are three Homepage Layouts for the DW Argo theme, you can select the Homepage template as you want.
- Home Layout 1: Allow your home page to display as metro content with left menu and it looks like our Homepage on the demo site.
- Home Layout 2: Allow you to display your home page with a carousel slide and left menu.
- Home Layout 3: Only content and left menu
Notice: If you want to content first layout, please select the Home layout 3.
Step2: Once created the Homepage, we need to display the page accordingly. To do that:
- Go to Setttings » Reading and choose A static page under the Front page displays option.
- Choose the page Home which you have just created from Step 1 to be used as the front page.
Hope this helps !
Please login or Register to submit your answer