I’ve read several answers and install qtranslate plugin. But i’m newbie to WordPress and i don’t mannage to translate: 1 New Articles today (nearby the main menu)
Can you help me to translate 1 New Articles today to 1 nieuwe artikelen (= Dutch translation)
Hi Mirek !
- Download and install Poedit
- Download the http://tr.wordpress.org/
- Open the file in Poedit.
- (See Image) The box labeled (1) is the original message (in English) from the POT file. The box labeled (2) is where you add your translation. Boxes labeled (3) and (4) are used for adding comments about the messages. These come in handy if you are working with a team of translators and would like to pass around ideas through the PO file.
- Go to File → Save as… to save your translations in a PO file.
- When you are finished translating, go to File → Save as… again to generate the MO file.
- Or you can set your Poedit to always compile a MO file when saving changes by clicking File → Preferences and on the Editor tab check the Automatically compile .mo file on save box.
Download PoEdit: http://www.poedit.net/download.php
Download me to Czech translation: http://www.4koridor.cz/storage/languages.zip
PoEdit – open nl_NL.po file, edit, save. The translated files is a directory “languages” Copy to folder with your theme.
Thanks @ Mrelk
@Leon, please follow Mirek’s instruction and let us know the results.
Please login or Register to submit your answer