I can’t find any translation file in the theme folder. How can I do ?
We have updated DW Minion theme to support .po file for translation.
Please download the latest version 1.1.4 in the following link: //wordpress.org/themes/download/dw-minion.1.1.4.zip
After updating, you can open the .Po file in the folder path “\wp-content\themes\dw-minion\languages”
Please do as the following steps to translate the theme.
- Download and install Poedit
- Download the http://tr.wordpress.org/
- Open the file in Poedit.
- (See Image) The box labeled (1) is the original message (in English) from the POT file. The box labeled (2) is where you add your translation. Boxes labeled (3) and (4) are used for adding comments about the messages. These come in handy if you are working with a team of translators and would like to pass around ideas through the PO file.
- Go to File → Save as… to save your translations in a PO file.
- When you are finished translating, go to File → Save as… again to generate the MO file.
- Or you can set your Poedit to always compile a MO file when saving changes by clicking File → Preferences and on the Editor tab check the Automatically compile .mo file on save box.
Hope this helps !
Actually, we are in need of translation contributors for the DW Minion theme in order to directly support into the theme.
This makes us feel great if you are willing to provide the complete translation file in your own language.