Is Dodgers Nation a standard layout in the Focus theme, plus other questions
Hi. I am considering your Focus theme for one or maybe two/three projects. While I do currently have a blog on wordpress.com, I have little experience with wordpress and themes.
1. For one of the projects, I was attracted to the http://www.dodgersnation.com layout. Is this one of the standard layouts in Focus, or would it require substantial changes to css and/or code.
2. Are the theme files open to changes, or are there any parts that are locked? How would changes affect the availability of support? Are such changes OK under your license terms?
3. Is the layout mostly css-driven, or does it rely on code?
4. As for contents, is that controlled by control panel settings so that features can be turned off and on, or is again coding required?
5. Is the price per domain/site?
On number 1, after looking at it again it seems to me that the layout is the standard one, only with certain features disabled or moved, like the “Most recent/popular”. So this is maybe just a settings thing?
1.Regarding the layout on the site, we changed the main sidebar and make it become larger. To do that, you need to change codes. Of course, we can send the codes to you.
About “Most recent/popular”, they are widgets on the Dashboard and it is very easy to set up. Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Widgets to look for them.
2. in our theme, there is no file that is locked and you can customize any file if you wish. Of course, those changes are under our license terms.
3. Regarding the layout, we will use Css codes to change the layout. After finishing, I am sure to send those codes to you.
4. To display the content, we have used the widgets. Also, you can display categories as you wish.
5. Regarding the price, you can get it for only 49$.
Hi and thanks for the response. A couple of points need clarifications:
2. Is the license terms posted anywhere, or can you send them to me?
5. So if I set up say 3 domains with different names and want to install a separate copy on each, do I pay 49$ for each site for a total of 147$, or does the 49$ give me unlimited use rights?
So I purchased DW Focus, and have installed and set up the quickstart on my web hotel. That was a really smooth and easy setup. Now for the tricky part: To create some contents to replace the demo stuff with.
All themes that are under GNU license are used for one domain only.. You can use the quickstart package to install and have the demo content as our Demo site.
Please login or Register to submit your answer