On your Demo Site there are a couple of videos embedded on the main page. When I add a video it simply puts a link there. How do I get the embed? *I downloaded the Free version
Also there is a large (featured) image and blog post on the demo site. I would also like to know how to make that happen.
To use the embed video into posts, you can log in to Dashboard > Posts > add new > copy link of the video to embed.
See the screenshot : http://imgur.com/jbXl9gm
And paste the link to the posts.
See the screenshot: http://imgur.com/hKwznxu
To add large (featured) image:
– Add new post
– At the bottom of content frame there will be “Custom Fields”.
– And add new Custom Fields with:
+ Custom field name: grid
+ Custom field value: double
See the screen shot: http://imgur.com/qh08MCw
– To add blog post you can log in to Dashboard > Posts > Add new. you can select the blog in the “Template” frame.
See the screenshot: http://imgur.com/DZ14soN
Hope this helps !
Add a new post normally, then select Format for this post from the drop-down list. You can see the screenshot to know more information: http://imgur.com/e7pxTcG
You can select the video in the “Format” Frame.
Sorry, I pressed enter by mistake. Dom, you say add new post but your screen shot has new page, when you talk about the blog template. Secondly, where are custom fields? They are not in my version of your theme. Do I need to install a plugin? Third, are you saying that a video format can play the video on the home page? If so, can it be embedded as a double grid? As a post or a page? The custom field setting is important and we need to know where to add or find it.
By default custom fields are hidden in wordpress installs above 3.1. To show custom fields make sure you are on the edit post page, and on the top right corner there is a “Screen Options” menu. From there you can check custom options and it will show up.
@Nick Marsh !
– If you can not find Custom Fields, you can log in to Dashboard > Posts > and on the top right corner there is a “Screen Options” menu. From there you can check custom options and it will show up.
Also, You can not play the video on the homepage.
Dominic. Here is my site so you can see what I am talking about. http://growitfromseed.com. Here are the issues I find with the theme:
1. As you can see, on the home page all of the posts are shown in their entirety. Every word and picture of the post is on the home page. I have tried ALL the selections on the side from Standard to Aside and none produce the nice layout seen on your demo page. Is it not possible to just have a photo and the title on the home page? At least I’d like to have just some of the text. But I dont want ALL the text to show up.
2. The video embed does not appear on the homepage as it does on the demo. I have added the video and selected “video” on the side of the post. I have put in different videos. Finally I just took it down. I either get a link to the video on the homepage, which downloads the video, or I get nothing.
3. On the demo (http://demo.designwall.com/#wallpress) there is a main post “Hey WordPress Man! Check out WallPress!” I have gone through all the selections on the side from Standard to aside and none produce this effect – which is a large main post to the left. How did you do that?
4. On the demo page the boxes are of different sizes and positioned nicely. How does that work?
I like this theme. I hope you can help me resolve these issues. Where is the theme documentation that explains all this?
Here is our instruction for your issues:
1. To display a part of the post, you need to use “more” button placed in the editor frame. This button is used to display the content you wish to show up on the home page.
Please see the following screenshot:
2. I think you need to set featured image for the post and make sure that you selected post format as video:
3. To create a large main post, please follow the Dominic’s instruction above. It is compliant with all post formats. Here is a screenshot of all Custom Fields that we used on WallPress theme.
4. To have a layout as our Demo site, the length of each post must be different.
Also, you can buy a Premium version of WallPress here: http://designwall.com/wordpress/themes/dw-wall/
With the Premium version, you have a Sample data package and a Quick start package. They will help you configure your site as our Demo site.
Please login or Register to submit your answer
replied 10 years ago
Thanks Dominic. The question about imbedding the video was about how to get the video to show imbedded not in the post, but on the HOME PAGE where it shows a caption of every post. My video embed does not show up there, but it does on the demo page.