I am planning of building an e-commerce website for my local store. Little bit confused with the development process. Can anyone help me with information on which has better functionalities? WordPress content Management System or Magento Development?
About the WordPress
WordPress is one of the best open sources and a platform meant for blogs. It is flexible enough to power fortune 500 company blogs as well as sporadically updated personal journals. Below we take a look at some advantages and disadvantages of WordPress
- Multiple Authors: WordPress was built from the ground-up to accommodate multiple authors – a crucial features any serious publication.
- User-Friendly: WordPress is easy to use and highly intuitive even for first-time bloggers. You can drop a theme, add a few plugins and start blogging within minutes.
- Huge Plugin Library: WordPress has hundreds of thousands of plugins for it
- Strong SEO Capabilities: With plugins like All in One SEO, you can start blogging straight away without worrying about on-page SEO.
- Easy Customization: Its system is designed for easy-customization. Anyone with a little grasp of HTML and CSS can customize WordPress themes to fit their needs.
- Flexibility: WordPress can be made to do virtually anything- run an e-commerce store, host a video site, serve as a portfolio or work as a company blog-thanks to plugins and customized WordPress themes.
- Security: WordPress is often the target of hackers. The software itself isn’t very secure out of the box and you will have to install third-party plugins to boost your WordPress installation’s security.
- Limited Design Options: Even though WordPress is infinitely customized, most WordPress installations still look like WordPress installations.
- Incompatibility with Older Plugins: The WordPress team constantly releases new updates to fix security loopholes and patch problems. These updates are often incompatible with older plugins.
- Limited Content Management Capabilities: WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform. This has affected its ability to handle large amounts of content.
About the Magento
Although Magento doesn’t have much strength about CMS platform as Joomla and WordPress, it also exist some both advantages and disadvantages that we need to differentiate from others.
- It is a sophisticated content management system. The WYSIWYG editor facilitates shop owners to build content rich and multiple version of a web page
- A multitude of additional modules that can be installed and helps customize a virtual store in an incredible way.
It is also Mobile friendly as the apps allow store integration across multiple devices to work efficiently on smartphones, ipad, Notebook, etc..;
- It is well built and strong in terms of security and stability
- Magento also has SEO attributes that work well for your site.
However, Magento also has some disadvantages you need to pay attention:
- Being Magento a very robust system to run properly also requires a more robust server, large disk space and memory which is usually available in VPS, Dedicated Server or Cloud Server
- The most negative aspect I see in Magento, is that even if you meet the requirements of robustness server, there is still a risk of the system being slow depending on the database which may affect your search engine rankings as page loading speed is one of the most important factor of Google algorithm.
Hope this helps !
Please login or Register to submit your answer