eCommerce WordPress theme featuring WooCommerce – DW Trendy has been updated to the latest version 1.1.0 to support Bootstrap 3.1 and WooCommerce 2.1.2. Besides we also support relative URLs and along with code cleanup.
Bootstrap 3.1 supported
Not so long since the release of Bootstrap 3.1, we immediately worked on upgrading DW Trendy theme to support this robust framework. All the new features, improvements along with bug fixes of Bootstrap 3.1 have been applied for the theme and support you better in tuning and customizing the theme.
WooCommerce v2.1.2 update
The theme is up-to-date with WooCommerce version 2.1.2. You can read the official announcement from WooThemes for more information about changes and bug fixes in the latest version.
This is a significant improvement we have made for this WordPress theme DW Trendy. In this version of DW Trendy, we have supported to create root-relative URLs. The root-relative URLs are necessary for eCommerce sites, especially when you want to have SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for better security for check-out page.
We have made a huge cleanup in code for this theme. Now when you look at the code of this theme, everything is clearer and cleaner, it’s also easier to edit and customize the code.
Here are the list of all the changes:
- Remove unnecessary <link>’s
- Remove inline CSS used by Recent Comments widget
- Remove inline CSS used by posts with galleries
- Remove self-closing tag and change ”s to “‘s on rel_canonical()
- Redirects search results from /?s=query to /search/query/, converts %20 to +
- Fix for empty search queries redirecting to home page
- Remove unnecessary dashboard widgets
- Remove unnecessary self-closing tags (As HTML5 not require this technique)
In which files we have made the cleanup? I would say a lot. We have listed out all the changed files in change-log, you can read and compare the difference.
So that’s it for this time upgrade. We will keep you up-to-date with more theme upgrades. As more people use our themes, more feedback we get, the more we upgrade our themes.