WordPress 4.1 “Dinah” has just been released last month with lots of new features and improvements. This major update involves a new default theme, distraction-free writing experience and plugin recommendations. Not staying behind, we’ve started updating some of our WordPress themes to be fully compatible with WordPress 4.1. This update comes with some bug fixes and improvement in the theme installation as well.
Quickstart installation no longer needed
In the past, we used to offer quickstart file in our themes’ installation package. Installing quickstart helps you quickly achieve a site exactly as our demo. However, all content on your site will be overridden. Today, we want to introduce our new way of installing themes.
After the theme is activated, we provide the option to import your sample data into the theme. This sample data includes two parts. One is WordPress Contents (based on the format of WordPress eXtended RSS) and the other is WordPress Widgets (based on the format of Widget Settings Importer/Exporter plugin)
For more details on this update, please see at the changelogs below.
- Fix: Twitter share link does not reflect symbols.
- Fix: Facebook share do not show Featured Image.
- Fix: Pagination of category page.
- Fix: Blog page can’t show loading navigation technique as settings in Customize.
- Fix: Performance issue on “Must Read Articles”
- New: Add Tag choice to DW Focus News slider.
- Fix: Front Post From Submit Event.
- Fix: Change cover image.
- Fix: DW Twitter Widget “Show Account Info?” & “Show User Avatar?” options.