Setting the Homepage
After installing successfully the DW Argo theme, the first thing you need to do is set a Homepage. It makes your site feel like our demo site with full features of the website.
Step 1 Create and publish a new page.
- Go to Admin Panel >> Pages >> Add New to create a new page.
- You can title this page Home.
- On the right-hand side, you will see Page Attributes pane and select one of three-page templates: Homepage Layout 1, Homepage Layout 2 or Homepage Layout 3. On our demo site, we have selected page template as Home Layout 1.
There are three Homepage Layouts for the DW Argo theme, you can select the Homepage template as you want.
- Home Layout 1: Allow your home page to display as metro content with left menu and it looks like our Homepage on the demo site.
- Home Layout 2: Allow you to display your home page with a carousel slide and left menu.
- Home Layout 3: Only content and left menu.
Step 2 Once created the Homepage, we need to display the page accordingly. To do that:
- Go to Settings » Reading and choose A static page under the Front page displays option.
- Choose the page Home which you have just created from Step 1 to be used as the front page.
Save all changes and reload your site to review the changes.